Haldia Institute of Technology is the first private initiated engineering institute in West Bengal, India, approved by All India Council for Technical Education , New Delhi and affiliated to Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology . The institute also has accreditation by the National Board of Accreditation , AICTE and NAAC, UGC for its departments. The institute is selected by the Department of Science and Technology , Government of India for a centre of excellence in value-added Petroleum Engineering. An Industry-Institute Partnership Cell has been set up for interaction with the industries for mutual benefit and co-operative research.The Institute has financial assistance from world bank. The institute has an enclave campus of 49 acres of land having an administrative block of 2787 square metres with nine academic blocks having an area of around 24980 square metres and a hostel area of 24315 square metres. The hostel facility is available for both boys and girls to accommodate almost all the students. Facilities include an amenities area of 1830 square metres a library, Post Office, laundry facility, medical stores, bank with ATM facilities and restaurants. Campus-wide Internet facilities are provided through 20 Mbit/s high speed dedicated leased line from BSNL. The institute has Central as well as Departmental Computing facilities with more than 850 computers. There are 12 B.Tech courses, and five M.Tech and MCA, MBA courses. It collaborated with Ming Chi University of technology,Taiwan on 2016. The college has developed its own entrepreneurship cell in Research and Development Building in the campus and has received ISO 2000:2004 environmental standard. It has integrated work with haldia dock complex, WEBEL and many companies in and outside haldia.