T K M College of Engineering, the first Government- aided engineering college in Kerala, is situated in the cashew hub of Kerala, City of Kollam. Spanning over an area of more than 25 Acres, it is ideally located, in Karikode, on the Kollam- Chenkotta road, about 5 kilometers from the heart of the city. The campus, a distinctive landmark that cuts above the rest is built in the aesthetic Indo Saracenic architectural style with mughal influence . The college is the first and foremost institution for technical education, run by the T K M Educational Trust, headed by Janab Shahal Hassan Musaliar. The foundation stone of the college was laid in the year 1956 by Dr. Rajendra Prasad, the first President of Independent India. The college was formally inaugurated by Prof. Humayun Kabir, the then Minister for Scientific and Cultural Affairs, Govt. of India, on 3rd July, 1958.